Festive Critter Pop Up Sponge Set
Introducing the Festive Critter Pop up Sponge Set, meticulously crafted to infuse the festive spirit into your home. This eco-friendly sponge set of 3 is your ideal zero waste alternative for kitchen cleaning, embodying the cheer of the season. Made from 100% vegetable cellulose (wood pulp), it mirrors the texture and functionality of traditional sponges without plastic.
Each set of 3 includes 1 each of Fox, Seal and Turtle (all with Santa Hats).
Completely plant-based, non-toxic, and compostable, these Plantish sponges exemplify sustainability and reusability in your kitchen. Designed to replace your plastic ornaments, adding both charm and sustainability to your holiday decor.
Click here to view our full collection of Plantish Pop Up Sponges.
Why Pop-up Sponges?
Why are cellulose sponges better than plastic ones?🧐
- kitchen sponges are exposed to hundreds of different types of bacteria and experts recommend changing them once a week, which is problematic because plastic kitchen sponges take thousands of years to break down. it's recommended to use cellulose sponges which can be sanitized/disinfected in hot water (not recommended for plastic sponges)
- traditional sponges can shed microplastics which can make their way into our water cycle and end up in our rivers, oceans and drinking water
Ideally dry completely between uses
- boil in water to kill bacteria
- avoid soaking in water
- place away from high heat or flames
- cut in small pieces, then place in the green bin to compost or directly compost in the backyard
- loofah can also be used like coconut fibre in the garden, excellent at water retention, growing seedlings, creating a potting mix, pest resistance, and use as bedding in worm bins