Love the idea of a self-drying soap dish? We've got you covered. This unique dish soap from the Canadian brand Plantish is made of Diatomite (fossilized algae), a 100% renewable and plant-based material. It's water-absorbent and quick-drying which makes it ideal for places where water can accumulate without frequent clean-up.
This soap dish pairs well with Plantish's solid dish soap bars, which have been widely loved in the zero waste living community.
The soap tray's finish is similar to concrete but has draining holes and pathways to ensure soap and shampoo bars stay dry and your countertops and ledges clean from soap residue.
ZERO WASTE: the dish could last forever with care (no hitting or dropping; stain can be removed with sandpaper). When no longer needed, it can be safely discarded in any soil or garbage bin with zero worries about breaking down and releasing harmful chemicals.
water-absorbent and quick-drying: small volume of water evaporates instantly from the dish
water-draining: excess water runs through holes and tracks to sink
durable & safe: diatomite is an eco-friendly, safe, & renewable material
- to prevent mold, place in a ventilated place and wipe to dry at times
- to remove stain, lightly sand it with sandpaper
- do not hit or drop
- avoid brushing or sanding when wet
Place soap on top of soap dish with the exiting pathways facing the sink for water to run through
- repurpose the dish tray for gardening, crafts, and other creative projects
- check city's waste management info before disposal. if unsure, always consider composting in backyard over throwing into the garbage