Looking for a durable zero waste brush for cleaning your vegetables and so much more? This vegetable brush from Plantish is ideal for scrubbing fresh produce as well as scrubbing cookware, floors, kitchens and bathrooms. (We do recommend having brushes for each separate task though.)
Made from organic bamboo that's anti-microbial and bristles made from high-quality sisal and palm fibres, it's naturally strong and durable. The scrub brush has an abrasive end and a softer end. It can be used for a multitude of surfaces, being the perfect partner for your zero waste journey.
sisal-based: sisal is a natural fibre that comes from the agave sisalana plant, stronger and more durable than other natural fibres. It is resistant to bacteria, mildew, and oil
bamboo handle: a sustainable plant that uses 1/3 less water to grow, self-replenishes, and is less likely than other woods to crack
effective & non-scratch: safe to clean food scraps and stain stuck on cast iron or stainless steel cookware
- use the softer sisal side for more delicate or gentle surfaces such as fruits and vegetables with thin layers, like potatoes or carrots
- use the palm fibre side for more sturdy or hard surfaces such as cleaning the floors, walls or cookware like pots and dishes
- rinse with water after each use and air dry with the bristle facing down
- clean bristles (as needed) with vinegar to kill bacteria
- avoid soaking in water to prevent cracks
- avoid placing in the dishwasher
- place away from high heat or flames
repurpose the brush for shoe cleaning, general house cleaning, gardening etc.
check your local waste management info before disposal. if unsure, always consider composting in the backyard over throwing into the garbage